Daniel Town Planning Meeting
Wednesday July 20, 2016 at 7:00 PM
A quorum is present: Chairman Eric Bunker, Commissioners Weight, Binkerd, Norris, and Rawlins are present. Commissioner Skinner arrived at 7:10. Commissioner Grose is excused.
The meeting started at 7:03 p.m.
- Public comment concerning any issue not on the agenda.
- There were no public comments
- Annexation petition for Hwy 189 and 3000 South – Recommendation
- Commissioner Binkerd recommends to the Town Council that we go forward with this annexation with Commissioner Weight seconding. Discussion: Commissioner Rawlins wondered if Charleston’s best interests were separate/different from our (Daniel’s) best interest. Commissioner Norris commented wouldn’t it be in the best interest of all if both towns worked together. The vote was as follows: Commissioners Skinner and Norris, nay and Commissioners Binkerd and Weight and Rawlins, ya. The motion failed. There was more discussion about Charleston’s interests not complying with Daniel’s interests. The recommendation was reinstated as originally presented with the vote as follows: Commissioners Binkerd, Skinner, Rawlins, and Weight, ya; and Commissioner Norris, nay. Motion carried.
- Mike Peterson: Update on construction at approx. Hwy 40 and 3500 S
- They are moving forward with utilities, construction, etc.
- New permit update:
- A new Ag permit was issued to Vaughn Glasgow on Little Sweden Rd
- Approval of minutes from June 15 2016
- Commissioner Weight moved to approve the minutes of June 15, 2016 with Commissioner Skinner seconding. The vote was unanimous and the motion carried.
- Adjourn: Commissioner Norris moved to adjourn the meeting with Commissioner Binkerd seconding. The vote was unanimous and the motion carried.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
Kathy-Jo Percy: Secretary