DANIEL RESOLUTION 2010-05-03A
RESIDENTIAL ANTI-DISPLACEMENT AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PLAN AND CERTIFICATION FOR USE WITH FEDERAL FUNDS
It shall be the declared policy of The Town of Daniel to establish and follow the plan described below to minimize the adverse impacts on persons of low and moderate income resulting from acquisition and relocation activities assisted with funds provided under the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended. This plan does not replace but is supplementary to the acquisition and relocation requirements stated in the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970 (49 CFR Part 24), as amended, as well as the Utah Relocation Assistance Act.
I. REPLACEMENT OF DWELLING UNITS
A. The Town of Daniel will replace all occupied and vacant occupiable low/moderate income dwelling units demolished or converted to a use other than as low/moderate income housing as a direct result of activities assisted with funds provided under the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended, as described in 24 CFR 570.606(b)(1) on a one for one basis, unless a written waiver has been received as provided for in 24 CFR 570.606(b)(1)(iii).
B. All replacement housing will be provided within three years of the commencement of the demolition or rehabilitation relating to conversion. Before obligating or expending funds that will directly result in such demolition or conversion, the Town of Daniel will make public and submit to the Division of Community Development the following information in writing:
1. A description of the proposed assisted activity;
2. The general location on a map and approximate number of dwelling units by size (number of bedrooms) that will be demolished or converted to a use other than as low/moderate income dwelling units as a direct result of the assisted activity;
3. A time schedule for the commencement and completion of the demolition or conversion;
4. The general location on a map and approximate number of dwelling units by size (number of bedrooms) that will be provided as replacement dwelling units;
5. The source of funding and time schedule for the provision of replacement dwelling units; and
6. The basis for concluding that each replacement dwelling unit will remain a low/moderate income dwelling unit for at least 10 years from the date initial occupancy.
II. RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
The Town of Daniel will provide relocation assistance, as described in 24 CFR 570.606(b)(2) to each low/moderate income household displaced by the demolition of housing or by the conversion of a low/moderate income dwelling to another use as a direct result of assisted activities.
III. DISPLACEMENT STRATEGY
Consistent with the goals and objectives of activities assisted under the
Housing and Community Development Act of 1974, as amended,
the Town of Daniel will take the following steps to minimize the displacement of persons from their homes:
A. Stage the rehabilitation of assisted housing to allow tenants to remain during and after rehabilitation, rehabilitation of empty units to allow the shifting of tenants during rehabilitation of occupied units;
B. Provide counseling to assist homeowners and renters to understand the range of assistance options available, utilizing existing housing counseling programs to the greatest extent possible;
C. Give priority in assisted housing units in the neighborhood to area residents facing displacement;
E. Provide counseling and referral services to assist displaced homeowners and renters find alternative housing in the affected neighborhood; and
F. Work with area landlords and real estate brokers to locate vacancies for households facing displacement.
I certify that, the Town of Daniel has adopted the above Anti-displacement and Relocation Assistance Plan by formal resolution on this 3rd day of May, 2010.