TOWN OF DANIEL, UTAH
Number: DR 2010-01-04B
Appr. Date: January 4, 2010
Effect. Date: January 4, 2010
Short Title: GRAMA Procedures
Purpose: To establish procedures related to fulfilling requests made by members of the public under the Utah Government Records Access Management Act U.C.A. 63G-2-101 et seq.
RESOLUTION: Whereas Town of Daniel intends to comply with U.C.A. 63G-2-101 et seq., the Daniel Town Council wishes to establish procedures not addressed in U.C.A. 63G-2-101 et seq. as regarding GRAMA requests, and the Daniel Town Council resolves to adopt the following procedures as allowed by Daniel Municipal Code 1-5-5 F:
(1) All GRAMA requests will be received by the Town Clerk/Recorder.
(2) The date of receipt will be considered the day that the request is received in hard copy by hand delivery or certified/registered mail. Day 1 of the 10 day response time required by statute will be considered to be the day following receipt. A request by email or fax will not be considered adequate.
(3) A UTAH GOVERNMENT RECORDS REQUEST FORM will be used whenever possible.
(4) The Recorder will fulfill requests in a timely manner, but the Recorder may require more than the 10 days allowed for response by statute depending upon the office schedule. Limited staffing may cause delays in response time and should be considered under extraordinary circumstances.
(5) The Recorder will fulfill all requests for documents or records free of charge if the response is less than 10 pages or requires up to 15 minutes to process.
(6) Requests requiring more than 15 minutes of labor will be billed at $20.00 per hour for labor, and requests that result in more than 10 pages of documents will be billed at .25 per page (two sided documents will be .50 per page). If fees to be billed are estimated to exceed $50.00, the Recorder will inform the requester of the estimated charges and require payment before actually beginning the work involved in fulfilling the request. If the requester decides to continue with the request, the 10 day response period will begin once the funds have been received.
(7) As Town of Daniel has no public offices, the Recorder will facilitate inspections of documents by appointment and determine the location of the inspection based on availability and convenience to all parties.